[Gambas-user] make install errors

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Tue Jan 27 16:51:37 CET 2009

For what it's worth;

I've just done;

snv up && ./reconf-all && ./configure && make clean && make install

Worked cleanly ..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron_1st" <ronstk at ...239...>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 January, 2009 3:41:44 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] make install errors

> gb.xml
> gb.xml.rpc
> gb.xml.xslt
> Installing the components...
> Compiling gb.settings...
> OK
> Installing gb.settings...
> Compiling gb.info...
> OK
> Installing gb.info...
> Compiling gb.form...
> Cannot read component list file: /root/.local/share/gambas3/info/gb.form.list
> /root/src/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.form/Balloon.class:5: Unknown identifier: Control

Done with new svn in home/ron/src/gambas/trunk
Still same errors.
Conclusion till now is that there are problems with components written in gambas.
Creatimg the info and list files does not work correct.
In the /usr/local/share/gambas3/info directory I see strange things
First only gb.form.dialog.info and .list
Second zero length files for
gb.gtk.info .list
gb.gui.info .list
gb.qt.info .list

end of configure gambas3 from svn is:
THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
- gb.cairo
- gb.corba
- gb.qt4
- gb.qte

end of configure gambas2.10 from tarball is:
THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
- gb.qt4
- gb.qte
(For gambas2 Ihave not done the 'make install')

root at ...1311...:/home/ron/src/gambas3/trunk# cat configure1.log | grep 'component '
checking for foreign function interface component with pkg-config... no
checking for SQLite 3 driver component with pkg-config... OK
checking for GTK+ toolkit component with pkg-config... OK
checking for GTK+ component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for SVG loader for GTK+ component with pkg-config... OK
checking for Poppler PDF library component with pkg-config... OK
checking for Networking component headers...
checking for Networking component libraries...
checking for Advanced networking component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for STMP client component with pkg-config... OK
checking for Perl Compatible Regular Expression component headers... /usr/include/
checking for Perl Compatible Regular Expression component libraries... /usr/lib/
checking for QT component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for QT OpenGL component headers... /usr/include/GL/
checking for QT OpenGL component libraries... /usr/lib/
checking for QT/Embedded component headers... /usr/include/qt3/
checking for QT/Embedded component libraries... no
checking for QT component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for KDE 3.x component headers... /usr/include/kde/
checking for KDE 3.x component libraries... /usr/lib/
checking for XML parser component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for XSLT/XML parser component component with pkg-config... OK
checking for Video For Linux component headers... /usr/include/
checking for Video For Linux component libraries... /usr/lib/
checking for DES/MD5 crypt component headers... /usr/include/
checking for DES/MD5 crypt component libraries... /usr/lib/
checking for CORBA component headers... no
checking for CORBA component libraries... no
checking for Gnome desktop routines component with pkg-config... no
checking for QT4 toolkit component with pkg-config... no
checking for Cairo component component with pkg-config... no
checking for Image loading and saving component with pkg-config... OK

checking for Gnome desktop routines component with pkg-config... no
This is standard on KUbuntu.
Ubuntu users must for IDE get the kde stuff extra so both exists then.

By missing the Gnome desktop gb.ui fails ???
By missing the Gnome desktop gb.gtk fails ???
Do after fail of gb.ui the gb.qt and gb.gtk fail both ???

>From previous message:
root at ...1311...:~/src/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.form# ./gb.form.gambas
No protocol specified
(gb.form.gambas:2318): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Question Gtk ?? gtk-dev is all installed and kubuntu uses QT.

Best regards,

Ron_1st

--
 A: Delete the text you reply on.