[Gambas-user] Spacing = True Question

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Fri Jan 16 03:14:13 CET 2009

Wonder if someone could clarify this for me.

Previously spacing was (and the documention in the IDE still says it is) the
number of pixels separating child controls. If this is so, how does one give
this a value?

Personally I think using spacing like this is a backwards step for gambas.
This little property was one of the wonderful things about the gui-designer,
one had absolute control over the gaps between things, which when you are
designing a gui with lots of objects, every pixel becomes critical.

Now all I can see to do is switch spacing off, and use padding to set the
distance betwen 2 controls you don't want to touch - and that at a minimum
will be 2 pixel widths, as padding pads all around an object.

Regards

Richard