[Gambas-user] Badly Overridden form (Solved)

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Wed Jan 14 21:46:11 CET 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:08:18 am Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 7 janvier 2009, richard terry wrote:
> > Mm................
> >
> > Last couple of upgrades one of my forms won't load - despite being
> > structurally similar to all the others, I get the error message in the
> > picture.
> >
> > Any ideas appreciated.
> >
> > Version 1790 and a few below.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> Did you read my answer about your post "More odd IDE problems"? The
> explanation is inside. :-)

Benoit,

Not quite so simple for my pea brain.	I didn't realise that form.X actually
referred to a real 'x', albeit a lower case one on my form!

I found the source of the problem. I think I'd left this declaration at the
top of my form eons ago, whereas I'd usually declare this type of integer
only in a  subroutine

Public x as integer > Badly overidden form, whereas Public a>w and y> z or
Private x as integer,  dosn't, so persumably x when declared public x means
something to gambas.

However, the upshot is I can now order requests again!!!!

Regards

richard