[Gambas-user] Change translations at runtime

M0E Lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Wed Feb 25 18:58:47 CET 2009

I have a program that runs the same way. Unfortunately, for
translations to take place, all translated objects must be destroyed
and re-created under the new environment.

The first time around, I created a loop to restart the application
after setting the right environment.
Later, I realized that I could do it without having to restart the
entire application.

You can do it by using a class or module as startup class, and if you
are offering a language selection, of course, your first window will
always show up in the language defined by LANG.
Anything after that will be shown in the language selected by the user.

I have seen python applications, where you click a language in a list
and everything in the form translates immediately...the screen doesn't
even flash.

I wonder if gambas could implement someting like that some day