[Gambas-user] Help with some parsing

Emil Tchekov emil at ...1913...
Tue Feb 17 07:55:10 CET 2009

>>So my quesitoni is 'how to discover what the character is ?chr$(10)(13)
>>and how to eliminate those before parsing.

CHR$(10) & CHR$(13) - carriage return & line feed
Those are special "command" character from the "stone age" of the informatic
used to go to the next line (add new line) - was needed in the times where a
martix printer with ink ribbon the single output device of the computer
was....

Try using REPLACE$, I never used it in GAMBAS, but the same operator in VB6
was able to remove every char (also those with special functions)

ResultString=REPLACE$(InputStringWithBadChars, CHR$(10), "")
ResultString=REPLACE$(ResultString, CHR$(13), "")

This will search (in 2 Stages) first for CHR$(10) and than for CHR$(13) and
replace them with empty strings...

hope this helps

kind regards

Emil