[Gambas-user] is it possible? make gambas project a library

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Feb 9 21:02:35 CET 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009 14:44, Joshua Higgins wrote:
> What I'm wondering is this: is it possible to create a gambas project
> into a library suitable for use in other programming languages? So for
> example my gambas UDP routines can be used from another program
> language?

You would have to build a shared object version of the Gambas interpreter
and come up with an API to allow access to the classes and other symbols
in Gambas projects through the library interface.  It wouldn't be easy,
especially if your name is not Benoit, but it would also be a first step
towards the creation of Gambas-based plugins for other programs (e.g.
Firefox or various audio programs), Gambas applets for environments that
require .so files (like the KDE panel), or even standalone Gambas
executables.

Rob