[Gambas-user] Nesting objects into gridview cells

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Mon Feb 2 16:52:20 CET 2009

On Monday 02 February 2009, M0E Lnx wrote:
> So really, what you're sugesting is create an object at the exact same
> coordinates as the disired cell's position, and should also be the
> same size as the cell?
Yes indeed.

> or am I understanding this wrong?

No not misunderstanding.

You could create runtime an object but why not at design time.

I had checkbox,combobox, listbox and textbox direct on the form.
All where invisible durring runtime.
For each cell there was one of them made visible so user can enter/select
the data and after leave or enter event the object was hidden again and
the  data placed in the cell.
on another cell the combobox was filled with month names.
For the check box i.e. the word 'yes' or 'no'
so before you make the object visible you preset the posible data
for the objec, place it at position of the cell with same height/width.

This is also done the same way in the properties form for the controls.

The only thing you must take good care is you made these object as
the last controls in design mode or use the bring to front with the
rightmouse click on the object.

Best regards,

Ron_1st