[Gambas-user] Should i upgrade to gambas3

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Thu Dec 31 17:47:10 CET 2009

On 01/01/10 00:12, cwyong1 wrote:
> Hi.
> I m using ubuntu 9.04 and gambas 2.8 and i got this problems, pls help
>
> 1. There will be a run error if i select a shortcut for menu item, the error
> read "The program has stopped unexpectedly by raising signal #11" and no
> error once i removed the shortcut
>
> 2. My window will also show the Minimised button even though i set the
> Border and the Minimised properties to False
>
> 3. If i want to checked whether a textbox is empty, i currently have to used
> this method  ( IF trim(txtUserName.text) <> "" then .... ) instead of what
> was documented, which is thru using the IsBlank ( i did test this out but
> found out that it will only report a textbox as empty or blank providing the
> user press the space bar once ) and also the proposed method of directly
> checking if a string is empty from the tip window is also not working
>
> Pls advise, Thank you

It is much easier for everybody if you ask each question in a seperate
thread.

Regarding question 3:
If you want to find out if there is any text in a textbox:

If txtUserName.Text = ""
    or
If isNull(txtUserName.Text)

should both work.

Best Regards and Happy New Year (it is now in Hong Kong)
Werner