[Gambas-user] Gambas3 svn versions 2533-2541 won't install

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Tue Dec 29 21:44:10 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 29.12.2009, 21:14 +0100 schrieb Matti:
> on OpenSuSe 11.0
> kernel 2.6.25.20
> libtool 1.5.26
>
> I tried some svn versions with ./reconf-all as user with the result:
> Remember to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.ac'.
> You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autom4te: cannot open autom4te.cache/requests: no rights
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
>
> "no rights" even if I set the rights for the user.
>
> Next I tried ./reconf-all as root and got lots of messages like:
> gbc/Makefile.am:5: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
> gbc/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
> gbc/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
> gbc/Makefile.am:5:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.ac', make sure
> gbc/Makefile.am:5:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
> gbx/Makefile.am:5: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> gbx/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add `AC_PROG_RANLIB'
> gbx/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf' again.
> finally:
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> What's wrong here?
> A few months ago, I installed Gambas3 (where to find the version?) without any
> problems.
>
> Thanks for any hints.
> Matti

Salut Matti,

sent you my two scripts for making gambas3.
Copy them into a dir
, make them executable
, edit update30
	set TARGET to your Path
	set SVNREV=" -r <Value>" to a value where it worked for you
			(you have to find out)
if you can't use sudo to became root, you have also make changes in
svnMake

--
Amicalement
Charlie