[Gambas-user] Gambas3 svn versions 2533-2541 won't install

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Tue Dec 29 21:41:47 CET 2009

Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 21:14:09, Matti a écrit :
> on OpenSuSe 11.0
> kernel 2.6.25.20
> libtool 1.5.26
>
> I tried some svn versions with ./reconf-all as user with the result:
> Remember to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.ac'.
> You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autom4te: cannot open autom4te.cache/requests: no rights
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
>
> "no rights" even if I set the rights for the user.
>
> Next I tried ./reconf-all as root and got lots of messages like:
> gbc/Makefile.am:5: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
> gbc/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
>  `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' gbc/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal'
>  and `autoconf' again. gbc/Makefile.am:5:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in
>  `configure.ac', make sure gbc/Makefile.am:5:   its definition is in
>  aclocal's search path.
> gbx/Makefile.am:5: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> gbx/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add
>  `AC_PROG_RANLIB' gbx/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf'
>  again.
> finally:
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> What's wrong here?
> A few months ago, I installed Gambas3 (where to find the version?) without
>  any problems.
>
> Thanks for any hints.
> Matti

Now gambas3 need libtool 2.X versions to build configure scripts. There is two
possibilities (at least), install libtool 2.x, or have access to a computer
with libtool 2.x just to run reconf-all script, all other steps
(configure/make/..) should work in your computer.

Installing a minimal distro with appropriate tools in a chroot should be
enough (but not tested).

++