[Gambas-user] SHELL not working (GB_DIR)

Sat Dec 19 09:52:53 CET 2009

In a previous mail you wrote:
> I am calling my executable from a bash script located in /usr/local/bin

Your "export PATH" command imposes a path which excludes standard unix
paths - you will never find system utilities like pidof(1), and neither
the shell itself. You should write:

    export PATH=/opt/dfhlog/gambas2/bin:$PATH

to add your personal path the the standard ones. Or, if you are a
security paranoid, you could use:

    export PATH=/opt/dfhlog/gambas2/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

This way you don't trust the existing path. This second form excludes
/sbin and /usr/sbin; you should add them if you need system
administration commands like route, fdisk, reboot, addgroup and many others.

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."