[Gambas-user] SHELL not working (GB_DIR)

Jesus Guardon jguardon at ...2035...
Sat Dec 19 00:27:10 CET 2009

>> Hi again
>>
>> Continuing my testings on GB_DIR, I'm running into a new problem: SHELL
>> command has no effect at all. All sentences using SHELL are not
>> executed. As you can guess, running my project executable the normal way
>> (not using GB_DIR) it is running right. Could this be a bug?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Jesús

Thanks for the quick reply

> SHELL is just an equivalent of EXEC ["sh", "-c", "XXX"] where "XXX" is the
> string passed to the SHELL command.

Yes, I know...

> Do you have any error message from gambas? I need as many details as possible!
>
> Regards,

Not at all. No error message is displayed, simply SHELL command seems to
be ignored by the interpreter.
As for launch my program I'm using a shell script (you can see it in the
myprogram (without .sh extension).

A simple example could be a function I'm using to know if a program is
running:

SHELL "pidof " & someprocess TO somevariable

This sentence is "bypassed" without notice...
The same for all others sentences using SHELL.

As said before, when I run my program from the IDE or compiled
executable  without using GB_DIR, all runs fine.

If you need some other tests or VNC access I can setup a server right now.

[OperatingSystem]
OperatingSystem=Linux
KernelRelease=2.6.28-15-generic
DistributionVendor=ubuntu