[Gambas-user] Gambas Remotly Debug

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Dec 4 14:57:55 CET 2009

>    Hi !
>    I try to explain better:
>    I have a ARM system with gambas installed (gbc2 gbx2 gbi2 ecc... ecc..
>  but NOT IDE) and I want run in a gambas project.
>    This gambas project must be written on a PC system (windows Based ) and
>  then deploy on the ARM system, and for do this I need to develop a new IDE
>  with new functions for manage this configuration.
>    On the ARM system I have to compile and execute the gambas project
>  written on PC system. But if I want also debug the project on the ARM
>  system and then have the debug control from the PC system what I have to
>  do ? I have a TCP/IP connection from PC system and ARM system with ftp and
>  ssh services enabled.
>    I thought to develop a service on ARM system for link my IDE on the PC
>    system with gambas interpreter , but How I can manage the debug with the
>    interpreter ?
>    Have you some ideas ?
>    Regards and thanks for all you reply...
>    Benoît Minisini ha scritto:

OK, I understand now.

The IDE and the debugged Gambas application communicate through two named
pipes, that are located on the same system then, in the /tmp directory.

To do that remotely, I must find a way to:

1) Run a gambas project remotely on the ARM from the PC system.

2) Let him use something else than a pipe (a socket for example).

I need help for the first point mainly!

--
Benoît Minisini