[Gambas-user] Problem with tableview when in edit mode

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Thu Dec 3 22:10:47 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 03.12.2009, 21:32 +0100 schrieb Doriano Blengino:
> Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> > Sorry Dariano,
> >
> > no meant, has not changed, even in 2.18.0  Revision: 2447 , the cursor
> > moves from top left to bottom right and return if using left/right arrow
> > key, or top to bottom and return if using up/down arrow key.
> >
> > Oh,  tableview is a gambas written component in gb.form there I think
> > you find the problem.
> >

> Thanks to you and Dimitri.
>
> It seems that the gambas byte-code generated by 2.15 is compatible with
> 2.0, so I can stick with version 2.0.0.
> I would like to hear Benoit about this.
>
> To kind Dimitri:
> > What I meant by different approach was perhaps you should use something else
> > other than the GotFocus event and LAST.Edit.  if it works on 2.0 but doesn't
> > work
> > in 2.15, 2.16 and 2.18 (Charlie users 2.18, I use 2.16 and the problem is
> > probably
> > not solved in 2.17) then it seems to me (and it's just my opinion) that your
> > code
> > needs to be somewhat revised.
> >
> No, it is not my code that has to be revised: the problem is not the
> GotFocus event, is that when in edit mode, if you press a cursor key the
> tableview goes crazy. Whatever way I choose to enter edit mode, I need
> to edit cells - otherwise what is tableview for? And when in edit mode,
> you must be allowed to use the cursor keys... or not? Moreover, I use
> the tableview Click event - that event gets called every time the
> focused cell changes; by pressing a cursor key once, I see this click
> event called over and over. Clearly, there is something wrong in tableview.
>
> > BTW 5.0.3 is the latest Debian stable (Check
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/#stable).
> > Perhaps we use different repositories.
> >
> Yes we do - I use the fastweb (an italian company) repository (because
> it is free, for me). But they should be simply mirrors. Who knows?
>
> Again, thanks to you two. I will investigate more - but I don't want to
> peek and poke with gambas sources.
>
> Regards,

Have a look at ChangeLog 2.13 - 14 May 2009

GB.FORM

      * BUG: TableView now handle the Return/Enter key by raising the
        Click event instead of automatically editing the cell, so that
        non-editable cells are not edited by mistake.
      * BUG: The same fix was applied to the way TableView handles arrow
        keys.
      * BUG: The TableView editor now has the same font as the master
        TableView.
      *
      *
      *