[Gambas-user] Serial Port Change Events Not Working after Upgrade to Karmic

Tony ajw4me at ...466...
Tue Dec 1 21:06:50 CET 2009

   Thanks for the suggestion Ricardo.
   I have already compiled G2.18 from source onto Ubuntu 9.04. The application
   was working fine on Ubuntu 9.04 with G2.8 but fails with G2.18, so this
   makes  me think that there is a problem which may have been introduced
   between G2.8 and G2.13 (the binary on Ubuntu 9.10 which doesn't work).
   Regards,
   Tony..
   Ricardo Díaz Martín wrote:

Tony,

Try to compile gambas2 again. I got similar problem with apps after upgrade
ubuntu from 9.04 yo 9.10 and it was necessary to do this:

sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf libbz2-dev libfbclient2
libmysqlclient15-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev
libsqlite3-dev libgtk2.0-dev libldap2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev
libgtkglext1-dev libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
libsdl-image1.2-dev libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev
libbonobo2-dev libcos4-dev libomniorb4-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev
libpoppler-glib-dev libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libesd-alsa0
libdirectfb-dev libaa1-dev libxtst-dev libffi-dev kdelibs4-dev
firebird2.1-dev libqt4-dev

and after I downloaded gambas from source and compile again.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Ricardo Díaz