[Gambas-user] Serial Port Change Events Not Working after Upgrade to Karmic

Tony ajw4me at ...466...
Tue Dec 1 09:07:38 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a Gambas2 application (gb.qt) checking for status change events
on the CTS, RI and DSR signals (SerialPort-gb.net class) of a USB to
serial converter (Prolific pl2303) which works fine on Ubuntu 9.04
(Gambas2 2.8 and kernel 2.6.28-16-generic 32bit). After upgrade to
Ubuntu 9.10 (Gambas2 2.13 and kernel 2.6.31-15-generic 32bit) the status
changes are no longer working. The serial port opens without error but
no status change events are flagged. The problem is also evident in the
serial port example on Ubuntu 9.10.

I have compiled Gambas2 2.18 onto Ubuntu 9.04 but it still fails so my
guess is that somewhere between Gambas2 2.8 and 2.13 this functionality
stopped working.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks..