[Gambas-user] Gambas performances

Olivier Cruilles linuxos at ...1896...
Mon Aug 17 21:56:58 CEST 2009

I measure the time to execute 730 snmpget commands started as process
(SHELL command) in a Gambas program.

In the first time I start 20 processes in the same time and when one
is finished, I start a new one to follow the list of requests
to execute.

I measure the time from the first process started to the last process
finished.

On the Celeron cpu, during all the time, the cpu is at 100%

On the Dual-Core machine, during all the time, the both cpus are at
around 80%

On the Xeon machine, during all the time, the both cpus are at around
85%

I try to change the network connection from Ethernet card 100 Mb to
1Gb but nothing change in all cases.

So it's really about cpu technology where the problem is. Maybe the
Xeon works really on SMP mode with a x86_64 distribution and
lesser with x86_32 kernel ?

I don't understand why ?

I use the official packages of Gambas on the Fedora 10 distribution.
Does you optimize the runtime of Gambas for x86_32 dual core cpu ?

Olivier Cruilles
Mail: linuxos at ...1896...