[Gambas-user] Gambas performances

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 17 21:22:14 CEST 2009

> Hello Benoit,
>
> Just a question about performances of Gambas 2.14 on Fedora 10
> x86_32  (32bits)
>
> I'm trying my scheduler written in Gambas on Fedora 10 on 3
> differentes machines:
>
> 1)  1x Celeron 2.6 Ghz    512Mb Ram  (simple PC)
>
> 	Time to execute 730 snmp requests:  around 49 sec
>
> 2) 1x Dual-Core 2,4 Ghz    512Mb Ram     (simple PC)     (2 cpu inside
> the Dual-core)      3500 bogomips per cpu
>
> 	Time to execute 730 snmp requests:  around  21 sec
>
> 3) 1x Intel Xeon 3,4 GHz   1Gb Ram    (HP DL360 server)     (2 cpu
> inside the Intel Core)     6800 bogomips per cpu
>
> 	Time to execute 730 snmp requests:  around 37 sec
>

> I don't understand why this is not better with the Xeon machine. May
> be I should try with the x86_64 version of the Fedora 64
> to have a better performances on this machine ?
>
> I think the Xeon does not use really the both cpu than then Dual-core
> in this test ?
>

> If you have any idea about that, I will be very happy, because I need
> to win time to execute
> much more snmp request and others programs written in Gambas on the
> same machine.
>
> For the moment I have 1 machine per program and I would put all of
> this programs on a only one.
>

> Olivier Cruilles
> Mail: linuxos at ...1896...

1) What did you measure exactly?

2) If a faster CPU has no effect, or a reverse effect, then that means that
the bottleneck is not in the CPU speed. What is the CPU load?

3) What is done exactly when you do one snmp request? Do you send and receive
packets from the network?

Well, I can't say better without more information...

--
Benoît