[Gambas-user] Errors compiling Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 9 19:50:05 CEST 2009

> > > After reinstalling gcc configure reports the following about gcc:
> > > checking for gcc... gcc
> > > checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> > > checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> > > checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> > > checking for suffix of executables...
> > > checking for suffix of object files... o
> > > checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> > > checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> >
> > The message above was reported by "configure" from gambas 2.15.
> > Instead, configure from gambas2-svn still continue to tell me that I'm
> > _not_ using a GNU gcc compiler....
> > Why?? :-/
>
> AFAIK, I changed nothing in the configuration process in Gambas 2 since the
> beginning. I recently changed things only in Gambas 3 (/trunk).
>
> If you don't tell exactly which commands you run to compile Gambas, it is
> difficult to understand what happens.
>
> Are you doing a ./reconf when compiling both gambas 2.15.2 and gambas2 form
> /branches/2.0 ?
>
> Because there is a "./configure" script located in the 2.15.2 source
> package, but it has been generated on my Mandriva. If you do a "./reconf",
> you are generating the "./configure" script again, but on your own machine,
> which may change many things.

If you can send the configure script generated after you have done a
"./reconf", I will be able to compare it with the one generated on my machine.
That could help in understanding what happens exactly.

If Nick Rathke and Dr. Diesel see this message, they can do the same thing.
Please tell if you did it for Gambas2, Gambas3, and for which revision or
package.

Thanks in advance.

--
Benoît