[Gambas-user] Errors compiling Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 9 19:44:39 CEST 2009

> Leonardo Miliani ha scritto:
> > Dr. Diesel ha scritto:

> >> FYI, my Ubuntu 9.10 box is also gcc 4.4.1, perhaps new behaviour for
> >> this version?
> >>
> >> I am compiling gambas3 from svn on 3 separate machines, 1=Fedora 10_32
> >> bit, 2=Fedora 10_64b bit and a Ubuntu 9.10_32bit.  My compiling/error
> >> posts might be a bit confusing! :)
> >>
> >> Andy
> >
> > After reinstalling gcc configure reports the following about gcc:
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> > checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> > checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> > checking for suffix of executables...
> > checking for suffix of object files... o
> > checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> > checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>
> The message above was reported by "configure" from gambas 2.15.
> Instead, configure from gambas2-svn still continue to tell me that I'm
> _not_ using a GNU gcc compiler....
> Why?? :-/

AFAIK, I changed nothing in the configuration process in Gambas 2 since the
beginning. I recently changed things only in Gambas 3 (/trunk).

If you don't tell exactly which commands you run to compile Gambas, it is
difficult to understand what happens.

Are you doing a ./reconf when compiling both gambas 2.15.2 and gambas2 form
/branches/2.0 ?

Because there is a "./configure" script located in the 2.15.2 source package,
but it has been generated on my Mandriva. If you do a "./reconf", you are
generating the "./configure" script again, but on your own machine, which may
change many things.

--
Benoît