[Gambas-user] Dynamic Objects

Rodney Rundstrom iecltd at ...2113...
Mon Apr 6 22:32:19 CEST 2009

Thanks for all your help.

It seems to delete the object you set its reference to null. You need
however to turn the visibility off first as the image seems to persist.
I don't know how that affect memory? Is there any information on memory
mapping and stack control within Gambas?

Rodney

-----Original Message-----
From: Doriano Blengino [mailto:doriano.blengino at ...1909...]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 April 2009 11:13 p.m.
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Dynamic Objects

Rodney Rundstrom ha scritto:
> Thanks for that I'll work thought over the next few day. One last question
> on dynamic object (I think) how do we delete them and release the memory?

This is a matter unclear to me, anyway: an object is freed when no
reference to it are in effect. When you instantiate a visual control,
its parent gets a reference to the object. I don't know how to delete
that reference (perhaps a Delete() method of its Children property?).
For forms, a Persistent property says what to do when the form is
closed, either hide it or destroy it. For other objects, I don't know -
better someone else replies to you.

Regards,
Doriano