[Gambas-user] A way to compile, make exec, and create package from outside IDE?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Apr 4 22:34:30 CEST 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 16:02, jbskaggs wrote:
> I am working a game maker program- and I am trying to determine my next

This sounds like a good idea, since Linux doesn't have too many tools like
this and I don't think any are free software.

> What I want to do is have my program write all the code into a class
> file and then shell to Gambas load the file compile, make exec and
> package.
>
> IS there a way to do this in my program at runtime or does this have to
> be done in the Gambas IDE Console only?

Some of it can be done pretty easily through shell commands.  You generate
your Gambas project (I think it needs to be a whole project, including
a .project file, not just a class file), then change to that directory and
run these commands:

gbc2
gba2

gbc2 compiles the project, gba2 makes the executable.

However, building packages is another story.  You may want to try to copy
the package building code out of the Gambas IDE and integrate it into
yours... or maybe work on making it into a component to be used by all
Gambas programs.

Rob