[Gambas-user] Sdl vs qt drawing area how much performance difference?

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Sat Apr 4 19:25:42 CEST 2009

Well In my program I wrote one version to use qt.drawing area and one to use
sdl (by calling the sdl as a shell)

The sdl outperformed the qt hands down- not only speed but in the qt drawing
version I get a weird vertical refresh distortion that runs down thru the
display and looks bad- in sdl I do not have this.

You are probably correct that it might be my programming skills- but so far
sdl seems the way to go for my graphics output.

JB SKaggs