[Gambas-user] Oops... just another question (short!)

Wed Sep 24 11:51:38 CEST 2008

Doriano Blengino schrieb:
> Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>> On mardi 23 septembre 2008, Doriano Blengino wrote:
>>
>>> If I set  "printer.copies = 2" in code, all the prints get interrupted.
>>> If I leave it untouched, or set it to 1, all works perfectly. I am
>>> missing something?
>>>

>>> Re-thanks...
>>>

>> Maybe it does not work... The printing system of Qt 3 is not very reliable on
>> some place. Maybe you should print multiple copies yourself!
>>
> I already did so. But it is a pity to have a beatiful standard
> printer.setup() and tell the final user "...but you should not touch the
> Copies field... use instead the other blah blah because... blah blah
> blah...". Many users think that linux is in some way an handicapped
> version of windows, and this thought starts as soon as I say "before
> buying a printer, tell me what printer is - I must verify it is ok for
> the application"...
>
> Regards.

Doriano,

you can completely forget this problem if you print into files and send
them to kprinter. Just read out the number of copies and send the file
twice, for instance.

I think, Benoit even emphasizes doing it this way.

Anyway, since I've been doing it, I never had any trouble printing from
my Gambas apps.

Regards
Rolf