[Gambas-user] Gambas debugger and RAISE

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Tue Sep 23 23:15:20 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Benoit Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> On mardi 23 septembre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to understand gb.form and event-handling is still bit mystery
> > to me. I have a question when single stepping through the source code the
> > debugger doesn't seem to step into raised functions. Is it so or don't I
> > understand something? Now actually trying it some more it seems to step
> > into them sometimes and sometimes not. Could someone explain the logic in
> > it - please ?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Kari Laine
>
> Please be less vague, otherwise I can't help!
>
> Thanks Benoit getting back.

I try again. As I am not very good with Gambas events yet I find it
sometimes difficult to follow where execution of code jumps when event is
raised. I was hoping that stepping with Gambas debugger would have revealed
that. It seems not to be the case - or quite probably I am doing something
wrong.

So the idea was to use debugger to see where executions jumps for example
when there is RAISE Change  .

At the moment I am stuck with following code in FileChooser.class in gb.form
.

PUBLIC SUB frmChooser_Change()

  RAISE Change

END

I am not able to figure out what <object>_Change sub is called at that. If
you could tell me that I could be those light pulp goes on situations for
me.

Also I am not totally sure what { } means like {Select}. Is it that you can
use reserved word as your own sub/func/var names?

Best Regards
Kari Laine