[Gambas-user] Applying translation to a running application

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Tue Sep 23 20:48:25 CEST 2008

Il martedì 23 settembre 2008 19:43:54 M0E Lnx ha scritto:
> Can anyone think of a way to apply a translation to an application
> that's already running?
>
> An example would be a wizard that starts out in English, and at the
> first step offers the user to choose their language.
> After the user selects his/her language, the rest of the application
> get translated to the selected language.
>
> I'm not talking about creating the translations... I already know how
> to do that... This is assuming there is a translated version for the
> listed languages.
>
> Anybody?

A little example (I bet it could be done better!).

It works *only* when compiled and only
if you have all locales stuff installed.

Type ./select-language.gambas

You'll see a little form. You can choose English or Italian.

Bye,

Stefano