[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Sep 3 13:18:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:39 PM, <gambas at ...1938...> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 3. September 2008 12:25:37 schrieb Ron_1st:
>
> The community works on a Wiki, which rights and permissions lay by one
> person/institution? Best way would be, when the publisher makes the book
> GPL.

I am not very knowledgeable of the different licenses (pity I am not a
lawyer). Is GPL good license for the textbook/wiki?  If no-one else raises
their hands I will work on the draft and make a first contact to the
publisher - let's say friday. Maybe their ignore that kind of mail or they
might get interested. Problem is I very new to Gambas community and
therefore am not good candidate for this. Also I am bad negotiator :-)

Who will host this wiki? Should it be part of the existing Gambas-wiki? Btw.
I noticed there is mention that Gambas wiki is written in Gambas. Is it's
source code available under GPL?

If I get the permission and nobody else volunteers to host it I think I can
think hosting it. Newer run wiki but it might be time to learn it. I am sure
it's big work to set it up originally with the baseline.

let me know whether I should proceed or drop the whole thing.

Best Regards
Kari Laine