[Gambas-user] Books about compilers and interpreters

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Sep 3 09:37:35 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Benoit Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> And all depends on your own skills and technical background. You are the
> better people to find the better book that suits your need.

Thanks for answering. I have programmed on and of - simple things with
different versions of Basic. I started programming with RPG back in 1986 :-)
. Have been learning C and C++ for now about a year as a hobby.

> I suggest you start with C and Lex & Yacc to understand the Gambas compiler
> first - if understanding Gambas is your goal of course :-)
>
> Yes it is. I have always wondered how compilers and interpreters work not
to forget the debugger. It is a tall order - but I will persist :-)
(hopefully...)

Could you tell me what you need libffi for?

Anyway I also use more time to practice programming in Gambas.  I am sure
there are other's who do the same and produce those valuable little pieces
of code. Those people should be asked to send them to somewhere to be
collected. And a rule should be that nobody uses word "stupid" when having a
look at them :-)
I have a domain kllog.net, which I bought for other purpose but it is now
unused - I could start collecting these examples there (or maybe the
allbasic.info want's to do that) - then people could suggest which are good
enough to be part of the Gambas distribution.

Best Regards
Kari