[Gambas-user] Books about compilers and interpreters

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 3 09:08:09 CEST 2008

On mercredi 03 septembre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could we collect to this thread list of books which are good about
> compiler and interpreter design.
>
> I have one old book but it is pretty tough read. It is Compilers
> Principles, Techniques and Tools by Alfred V.Aho, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey
> D.Ullman.
> I am seeking a easier book to make me ready to tackle that one.
>
> I am also after ANSI C standard document. Is it available gratis from
> net as pdf?
>
> Benoit ?
>
> Best Regards
> Kari Laine

The few I learned about compilers and interpreters mainly comes from:

- The learn of assembly language on Z80, then M68000, and a bit of Mips and
x86.

- The learn of C language.

- The Lex & Yacc software learned at School.

- The write of a Lisp interpreter.

By learning, I mean writing software of course. :-)

And all depends on your own skills and technical background. You are the
better people to find the better book that suits your need.

I suggest you start with C and Lex & Yacc to understand the Gambas compiler
first - if understanding Gambas is your goal of course :-)

Benoit Minisini