[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

gambas at ...1938... gambas at ...1938...
Tue Sep 2 18:28:38 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 2. September 2008 17:16:10 schrieb Ron_1st:
> > If I would knew that this going to start this heated discussion I would
> > not have posted it in the first place...
>
> No problem of a heated discussion for me.
Full Ack!

> I think it just only good to try to get the real permision.
After reading the licence, any other strategy would be a crime!

> > Anyway here are the details for the publisher
> >
> > Beginner's Guide to Gambas *by John W.
> > Rittinghouse<http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?ATH=
> >John+W%2E+Rittinghouse> *
> > Product Details
> >
> >   - ISBN: 0741429489
> >   - ISBN-13: 9780741429483
> >   - Format: Paperback, 364pp
> >   - Publisher: Buy Books on the Web.Com
> >   - Pub. Date: January 2006
> >   - Sales Rank: 476,005
> >
> > http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/
> >
> > There is a contact on the page. Someone with good english should write
> > proposition to them.
> > Possibly discuss it here.
> > But I am quite sure the answer from the publisher is NO.
I would do it....but English is not my native language. :-(

Perhaps (at a first step) we should create a list of arguments, why the
publisher should grant us permission to modify the books content.
...and to be honest: I don't think, that they say: NO ...because:
- Meanwhile the book is overaged ...something about 50%
- With every new release of Gambas it becomes older and older....and "our"
Benoit is a hard-working guy! ;-)
- J.R. never updated the book...it's (too???) much work to update it in an
one-man-show.
- The book is free for downloading. ...reading it, to become an overview
regarding Gambas is okay...but, because of its age, it's no reliable
reference. ...only a few people would pay for the print. ...so making money
with the book is a fading process.

...uuuuuuuuppppppsssss! ...I created a list of arguments! ;-)

Greetz
Stevie