[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Tue Sep 2 17:16:10 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Stefano Palmeri <rospolosco at ...152...>wrote:
>
> > Fabien, bad idea to spread the world with J.R. health conditions.
> > It's against privacy law on many countries, unless J.R. gave you
> > permission to do that. I think it's a good idea removing
> > that message from Gambas online archives.
> > Benoit, can you do it?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Stefano Palmeri
> >
> If I would knew that this going to start this heated discussion I would not
> have posted it in the first place...

No problem of a heated discussion for me.
I think it just only good to try to get the real permision.

The idea to make a wiki of it so users can contribute to it is
just fine. I had also in the first time many problems to find the
way how all the stuff was mixed together and I'm not the only one.

> Anyway here are the details for the publisher

> Beginner's Guide to Gambas *by John W.
> Rittinghouse<http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?ATH=John+W%2E+Rittinghouse>
> *
> Product Details
>
>   - ISBN: 0741429489
>   - ISBN-13: 9780741429483
>   - Format: Paperback, 364pp
>   - Publisher: Buy Books on the Web.Com
>   - Pub. Date: January 2006
>   - Sales Rank: 476,005
>
> http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/
>
> There is a contact on the page. Someone with good english should write
> proposition to them.
> Possibly discuss it here.
> But I am quite sure the answer from the publisher is NO.

Think the same. But never try is always lost.

> Best Regards
> Kari Laine

Best regards
Ron_1st