[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Gambas

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Oct 15 20:02:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Werner <wdahn at ...1000...> wrote:

> Kari Laine wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Ron_1st <ronstk at ...239...> wrote:
> >

> >> What should stand on the ??, (welche buchstaben?)
> >>

> They stand for umlauts ä ö ü from what I deduct from the file names.
>
> Best Regards
> Werner

Hi Werner,

thanks for pointing that out. But I am not sure whether they are even that
anymore after being in Windows-environment and copied over to ext3 utf-8
filesystem. The true identity of the letters might have been lost even
before. Some of them show up as boxes in Gambas console-window. How can I
check what characters the file name consist in Linux-environment? Probably
view with hex-editor the directory entry - don't know how to do this...

Because I use UTF-8 those umlauts (if they were intact) should show without
problem?

My locale (I am Finland so it should be FI something but I prefer
english-language on computers)
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"