[Gambas-user] Semi noob question for Best way to do something.

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Wed Oct 8 20:50:59 CEST 2008

I have written an app in gambas that is generating a little bit of interest
in the linux world.  But I have two features I wish to add, that I am not
sure how to implement in Gambas.

My app is a writer's app.  As such I would like to have a way to have my app
be able to upload and download posts to and from a secure forum.  Ie the
prog would upload a text, then download comments on the text, and upload
replies etc.

the second feature  I would  like to add is a mapmaker. And then be able to
export the graphical maps to a pdf file.

I have written the mapmaker before in windows under gml  but I am not sure
how to do so using gambas.  Basically just having a background layer that
the user can then choose and add small graphics or text on top then export
the total.

Maybe if someone could point me in the right direction?

JB