[Gambas-user] Tracking down Signal 11's

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Nov 25 00:41:07 CET 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:47:54 am you wrote:
> On lundi 24 novembre 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > I wondered if there was  a method of tracking down a signal 11 when one
> > really hasn't much clue where to start eg. may happen only on closing a
> > form.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> The signal #11, a.k.a. "Segmentation fault" means that there is a bug
> somewhere in Gambas (or in a library it uses).
>
> To fix it, send me your project and explain me how to reproduce the bug.
>
> If you can't reproduce the bug, or cannot send me your project, you can:
>
> - Try to isolate the crash in a small sub-project, and send me that
> sub-project.
>
> - Allows core dumps, use gdb to get the backtrace information
Can you explain how to do this?

> , and send me
> that backtrace. You should have Gambas compiled with debugging information
?how to set a flag to do this

> for that. See the troubleshooting section of the web site for more details.

Sorry for being so thick but I cannot find that page. I've looked at:
http://gambasdoc.org/help/ and searched it with google but can't find anything
specific, so Whatis the address to the page:

> - Use valgrind: this tool will tell you exactly where something wrong
> happened in the program. Send me the valgrind output then.
I've installed that, will have to learn how to use it.

> You should have
> Gambas compiled with debugging information too.
>
> Regards,

Thanks.