[Gambas-user] Tracking down Signal 11's

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Nov 24 22:47:54 CET 2008

On lundi 24 novembre 2008, richard terry wrote:
> I wondered if there was  a method of tracking down a signal 11 when one
> really hasn't much clue where to start eg. may happen only on closing a
> form.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

The signal #11, a.k.a. "Segmentation fault" means that there is a bug
somewhere in Gambas (or in a library it uses).

To fix it, send me your project and explain me how to reproduce the bug.

If you can't reproduce the bug, or cannot send me your project, you can:

- Try to isolate the crash in a small sub-project, and send me that
sub-project.

- Allows core dumps, use gdb to get the backtrace information, and send me
that backtrace. You should have Gambas compiled with debugging information
for that. See the troubleshooting section of the web site for more details.

- Use valgrind: this tool will tell you exactly where something wrong happened
in the program. Send me the valgrind output then. You should have Gambas
compiled with debugging information too.

Benoit Minisini