[Gambas-user] Question about signal management inside gambas console program ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 21 21:00:45 CET 2008

On vendredi 21 novembre 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On vendredi 21 novembre 2008, Olivier Cruilles wrote:
> > Hello Benoit,
> >
> > Just some questions about how to manage inside gambas console program,
> > Unix signal.
> >
> > In a bash script for example, I can use the TRAP command to activate
> > some procedure when
> > Unix event appear.
> >
> > In my gambas console program, for example I'll like to be able to
> > write in log file some text lines before quit the program
> > when I receive the signal SIGTERM.
> >
> > It's possible in gambas or not ?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> > Olivier Cruilles
>
> Bonsoir,
>
> Je pense que nous sommes français tous les deux, alors on va parler
> français. :-)
>
> Il n'y a rien pour l'instant pour intercepter les signaux dans Gambas, mais
> c'est prévu. Ce sera certainement une méthode publique de la classe de
> démarrage appelée "Application_Signal" qui recevra en paramètre le type de
> signal émis.
>
> Cordialement,

Oops, sorry, I thought I was answering my private e-mail, not the
mailing-list!

Here is the answer in english:

There is nothing to catch signals in Gambas yet, but this is planned. It
should be a public method named "Application_Signal" that will take the
signal type as argument.

Benoit Minisini