[Gambas-user] compiling a programm on the console

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 21 14:17:23 CET 2008

On jeudi 20 novembre 2008, gambas at ...1938... wrote:
> Hi Dear List!
>
> When entering CTRL+ALT+m in the IDE, what does it do in background?
> gbc3 -vam
>
> and then a
>
> gba3 -v
>
> ???
> Problem is:
> I've upgraded to latest svn and recompiled (in the IDE) my console-programm
> AND one of my modules (classes), which is used by the programm. ...and
> everything is fine.

What do you mean by recompiling a project AND "one of my modules"?

> Because I did a gambas-upgrade on the test machine, too, now I need to
> recompile the same project and module on another machine without X (so I
> have no IDE). When triggering the two commands mentioned above (for
> compiling the programm and the  module), I get no errors. But when starting
> the programm, I get:
> ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'ModDummy': Version too old. Please recompile
> the project.

That message means that ModDummy was compiled with a compiler 'older' than the
interpreter that tries to load it. 'older' means that the bytecode version is
lower.

Benoit Minisini