[Gambas-user] compiling a programm on the console

Thu Nov 20 21:07:39 CET 2008

gambas at ...1938... ha scritto:
> Hi List!
>
> Funny to answer his own question! :-))))
> The trick is:
> - Open the module-project in the IDE of your developing machine.
> - Press CTRL+ALT+m (Don't know, if simply saving the project is sufficient.)
> - Copy the $ProjectName.module-file into the project directory on the target
> machine
> - gbc3 -av
> - gba3 -v
>
> Ready!!!! :-)
>
> @Benoit
> When opening an "old" project with a newer version of the Gambas IDE, are you
> doing any modifications on the source file?
> Simply recompiling the old (unmodified) sources with the new version of gbc3
> was not successfull.

I am not sure (only Benoit knows well enough) but consider: often
compilers look at the date (modification time) of source-files and
objects-files; if the object file exists and is no older than the
source, they simply keep it. A "touch source-files" can fake the
compiler into thinking the source has been modified, and a recompilation
is needed. Perhaps there is a switch on the command line to obtain an
unconditional build...

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."