[Gambas-user] Latest Gambas packages for Ubuntu - Broken?

MaxVK maximvonk at ...626...
Tue Nov 11 11:31:28 CET 2008

Thanks everyone:

I have two further questions:

Firstly, Gianni: What does apt-get "pinning" mean?

And secondly, having added the correct package to my sources list an update
is suggested straight away, however, I am told that only a partial update is
possible, and only a few of the Gambas packages are selected (or indeed
selectable).

I seem to remember having this problem before, but I cant remember if I
found a solution or not, and my system went down shortly after.

Is this a normal update procedure? What will happen if only a part of Gambas
is updated? Will the rest of the updates suddenly become available?

I don't want to jump blindly into this and lose my current Gambas - I barely
have the time for development right now, and I don't want to waste what I do
have trying to fix a broken installation/update.

Regards

Max