[Gambas-user] reopen standard input

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri May 30 18:26:59 CEST 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008 11:05, nando wrote:
> Perhaps using 2 programs.
> The first is the pipe-to Gambas program.
> It immediately starts another one which is your main
> keyboard program. Then open a socket between the two so
> the first can send info to the second.

I think the problem is on the sending end; once the input pipe is
closed, it's closed for all the programs in the pipe chain.  I just
tried this with Perl and the second program just immediately got EOF
as well.  I assume reading the tty/pty (whether directly or through
some library) is the only way this can reliably be done.

Rob