[Gambas-user] reopen standard input

nando nando_f at ...951...
Fri May 30 17:05:46 CEST 2008

Perhaps using 2 programs.
The first is the pipe-to Gambas program.
It immediately starts another one which is your main
keyboard program. Then open a socket between the two so
the first can send info to the second.

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Robin Thompson <robane00 at ...67...>
To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:12:17 +0000
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] reopen standard input

> Thanks,
>
> but how do I then get my gambas program to accept keyboard input when its been
> started by a pipe?
>
> or is that not possible?
>
> RT
>
> > From: nando_f at ...951...> To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net> Date: Thu, 29
May 2008 20:53:06 -0500> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] reopen standard input> > I believe you
get the EOF error because your program is wanting input> there isn't any from the sending
program (through the pipe).> STDIN is always open.> You have to make sure your program
won't crash due to no input available> which is what is happening here.> Data is sent
through the pipe when the kernel does it, and it may not> necessarily be on a word or a
line boundaries and you might believe.> Expect that the input line could have no data.>
-Fernando> > > > > ---------- Original Message -----------> From: Robin Thompson
<robane00 at ...67...>> To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>> Sent: Thu, 29 May 2008
20:45:56 +0000> Subject: [Gambas-user] reopen standard input> > > Hi,> > > > I'm trouble
with a console program i'm writing. Basically it requires user > > input from the console.
But the program itself