[Gambas-user] Graphical Executable launches console shell first?

Mike Keehan Mike at ...680...
Mon May 26 18:43:26 CEST 2008

Chris Kenworthy wrote:
> Hi there. Only been using gambas for a few weeks at this point, and
> really enjoying it. Over this weekend I've got a music rating program
> that I already have on windows/palm/pocketPC translated to gambas so I
> can run it on the eeepc.
>
> One thing that kind of seems odd to me though. When I made an
> executable version of the program and double-clicked on the executable
> in file manager, it first opens up a console shell without a command
> prompt, and then the graphical QT window. If I close the shell window
> first, the graphical window goes away first. If I close the graphical
> GUI, the shell shows 'Press <ENTER> to continue...' and goes away
> after I follow that instruction.
>
> Now, that isn't a huge problem, but it's slightly inconvenient for me
> because I don't have much taskbar space on my screen. I know that
> other GUI programs will launch without this sort of routine. Is there
> any way to get a gambas executable running on xandros eeepc without
> showing this console window every time? Thanks if you can help, and
> yay for gambas!

Hi Chris.

It is probably due to the file manager running it in a terminal.  Can
you find a setting or option in the file manager that you can turn off
for Gambas programs, something like 'Run in terminal'.

Mike.