[Gambas-user] qt, gtk, Gridview confusion .....

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 19 19:17:59 CEST 2008

On samedi 17 mai 2008, Mike Brett wrote:
> More elementary questions I'm afraid....
>
> 1. I note that when starting a new project in 2.6.0 you are given
> options to set either the qt or gtk application framework.  I've opened
> what was obviously a gtk project from a much earlier gambas version, and
> it's gtk. I'd prefer the qt look.  Should I be able merely to select the
>   qt component(s) from the Project->Component tab (as long as I comply
> with any conflict messages that are given)?  Or is it more complicated
> than that? I ask because I get error messages after trying such a
> change, and wondered whether that was 'normal'.

gb.qt and gb.gtk are equivalent (almost). So just uncheck gb.qt and check
gb.gtk, or the contrary. Or you can use gb.gui that chooses gb.qt if you run
KDE, and gb.gtk otherwise.

> 2. There are separate documentation entries for GridView (gtk)
> (http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt/gridview) and GridView (qt)
> (http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.gtk.ext/gridview?show); the latter
> page itself also contains a screenshot. Screenshots are attached as
> gtkhelp.png and qthelp.png respectively.
>
> I've also attached a screenshot of my 2.6.0. IDE.
>
> There seems to be some inconsistency between the properties listed
> across these sources of information, even inside the same application
> frameworks. Does the IDE offer only a subset of the available
> properties? What is the logic at work here please?  :)

If gb.qt and gb.gtk are equivalent, gb.qt.ext and gb.gtk.ext are specific.

gb.gtk.ext adds a property (Footer) to the GridView control that does not
exist in the common GridView. That is the reason for the documentation
differences.

Benoit Minisini