[Gambas-user] Gambas as language for web development

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed May 14 21:46:36 CEST 2008

On mercredi 14 mai 2008, Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 14:51, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28programming%29
>
> Yes, this technique would really be required for doing Gambas
> desktop-style programming in a web app.  Dojo does that too, though
> again I'm sure there are other toolkits that would work just as well.
>
> Rob

I continue on finding that these techniques are mainly hacks wasting
resources.

One big interest of web applications made in the classical HTTP request way is
that they do not consume any server resource between requests, and do not use
persistent connections.

As soon as, on the server side, you can share your session files and your disk
data, you can put your application in many different servers and so easily
increase the power of the application and have fault tolerance. A machine can
crash during your session, and you may not see it at all.

And a desktop-like application in a browser is something like NoMachine / X11
without NoMachine and X11 after all...

--
Benoit Minisini