[Gambas-user] Gambas as language for web development

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed May 14 21:38:40 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 15:27, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > - As Jose Luis says, would be possible to design web forms from
> > GAMBAS?
>
> No.

While I know that's true at present, I did write something a few years
back (before these AJAX frameworks were created) that converted
Gambas 1.0 forms to HTML+CSS on the fly, and added a lot of Javascript
event handlers to handle clicks and things like that.  Of course, the
server side was written in perl, and the whole thing turned out to be
incredibly clumsy.  But it allowed serving up Gambas forms on the web
and, to a degree, having them act like normal desktop app forms.

It was far from a literal Gambas web form designer, but I really think
such a thing would be possible if the other things we've been talking
about on this thread came to be.

Rob