[Gambas-user] Examples in gambas 2.5.0 don't open

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 13 12:43:55 CEST 2008

On mardi 13 mai 2008, Mike Brett wrote:
> Thanks Martin, Jason. However, I've changed the permissions of the
> examples to "-rwxrwxrwx" (owner root, group root) which I would have
> thought would be enough for anybody, and I still can't get them to open.
> They won't open even when I'm root. I was advised by a friend to try
> 'tail' to trap any sysloggable messages from gambas but nothing showed up.
>
> The example folders contain the class files as plain text plus a binary
> gambas project file it shows as MIME type
> application/x-extension-gambas which I imagine is what it should.
>
> Any further thoughts, please?
>
> [Context is Gambas 2.5.0 on Fedora 8 (rpms from the LDRWEB site). None
> of the examples will open, despite the fact that the files are in the
> appropriate folders. I just get "This project does not exist" messages.
> (The installation placed the examples in /usr/share/gambas2/examples)
>
> Indeed if I 'Open Project' and navigate to the various examples folders,
> they won't open from there either. I can highlight a .gambas file and
> click OK and nothing happens.]
>
> Thank you    - Mike -

I looked at the "examples" packages at LDRWEB, and they are not correctly
packaged. The guy who did that forgot to package the hidden files that are
alwyas included in a gambas project directory (.project for example, that
identify a gambas project).

I have modified the "How to package Gambas" page on gambasdoc.org to explain
that.

Benoit Minisini