[Gambas-user] Examples in gambas 2.5.0 don't open

Mike Brett serif at ...1870...
Tue May 13 12:27:04 CEST 2008

Thanks Martin, Jason. However, I've changed the permissions of the
examples to "-rwxrwxrwx" (owner root, group root) which I would have
thought would be enough for anybody, and I still can't get them to open.
They won't open even when I'm root. I was advised by a friend to try
'tail' to trap any sysloggable messages from gambas but nothing showed up.

The example folders contain the class files as plain text plus a binary
gambas project file it shows as MIME type
application/x-extension-gambas which I imagine is what it should.

Any further thoughts, please?

[Context is Gambas 2.5.0 on Fedora 8 (rpms from the LDRWEB site). None
of the examples will open, despite the fact that the files are in the
appropriate folders. I just get "This project does not exist" messages.
(The installation placed the examples in /usr/share/gambas2/examples)

Indeed if I 'Open Project' and navigate to the various examples folders,
they won't open from there either. I can highlight a .gambas file and
click OK and nothing happens.]

Thank you    - Mike -