[Gambas-user] Packager appears broken in Gambas 2.0.0 under Ubuntu Hardy

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri May 9 03:29:17 CEST 2008

On Thursday 08 May 2008 14:30, Bob Warren wrote:
> So far, I have attempted a few very simple test projects with
> Gambas 2. When "running" these projects from the IDE, I was foxed
> for a while because no Window appeared. However, I soon discovered
> that the window of my project was hidden behind the IDE and that an
> icon was showing at the bottom of the screen. No real problem then,
> but is it like this on purpose?

I'm going to guess that whichever desktop you're using has "focus
stealing prevention" turned on, or has it set too high.  That's what
KDE calls it, anyway; don't know about other desktops.

As for not being a computer geek, while Gambas is meant to be a
user-friendly software development environment, it's still a software
development environment.  Software developers are pretty much geeks
by definition, at least if you ask an actual non-geek.  So, just as
you've learned (or will learn) to write code in Gambas, sooner or
later you'll figure out how to do things like adding sources to your
Ubuntu package source list.

Rob