[Gambas-user] gambas2-gb-pdf and libpoppler1 issue

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Mon Mar 31 23:15:27 CEST 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 03:07:30 am Che Guebeara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw something about this on the ubuntu forums but no resolution.
>
> I upgraded to 2.4.1 and all went well until my upgrade manager flagged
> gb-pdf and gb-gtk-ext and would not upgrade them or clear.  Tried
> everything including punting gambas2 and reinstalling it.
>
> At that point I cant reinstall Gambas2 as it says there are unresolved
> dependencies on gb-pdf related to libpoppler1 which is obsoleted.
>
> Is there a workaround (I searched the list here and nadas that I can
> see)?  As of right now I am sans-Gambas and in the middle of some new
> app ideas.

Pretty easy work around. If you've been in linux for any number of years you'd
know there are two disto package formats that suck big time.

Firstly (as anyone knows so it goes almost without saying) rpm based systems.

 Secondly as your  eventually finding  out .deb based systems.

Both these invariably get tangled up in dependancy messes if your trying to
stay on a cutting edge.

Do yourself a favour and try ARCH linux (www.archlinux.org) and you'll never
look back... mind you you'll have to get your hands alittle dirty, but hey,
the days of  that sort of dependancy hell are gone forever.

Regards

Richard