[Gambas-user] Simple list view check question

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Mon Mar 31 01:16:34 CEST 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:01:30 am jbskaggs wrote:
> I have two list views
>
> listview1 and listview2
>
> I need a snippet of code to show me exactly how to make sure the listview
> items are on the one clicked by the mouse.
>
> I have tried:
>  ListView1.MoveCurrent
>
> but if there is listview1.count<2 then I get a NULL error
>
> So I altred my code to :
>
> IF ListView1.Count > 1
>  ListView1.MoveCurrent
>  ENDIF
> listview1.Item.Selected = TRUE
>
> Now I get a stack overflow error.
>
> What I am doing is this:
>
> Listview1 holds the chapters
> Listview2 holds the scenes
>
> So if I edit a scene text it would be
>
> t1 = file.Load(projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text & listview2.Item.Text)
>
> and so on and so forth- but when the program loses the focus on the
> listview items then I get either NULL object or File not found depending on
> the code.
>
> So How do I code to check the listview items properly?
>
> JB Skaggs

You must move the internal cursor to the currently selected item,  then read
its key, and set it to selected to make the marquee appear on that row, as
per below.

I then use the click event to do whatever I want.
Put print statements in this routine to make sure your key is correct
Hope this is correct/helps/was what you meant

Public Sub ProblemLists_Select()

   Select Case Last.tag
   Case "active problems"
      cvwProblemsActive.MoveCurrent
      cvwProblemsActive.Item.Selected = True
      sProblemKey = cvwProblemsActive.Item.key
    Print  "my key was:", cvwProblemsActive.Item.key

   Case "inactive problems"
      cvwProblemsInActive.MoveCurrent
      cvwProblemsInActive.Item.Selected = True
      sProblemKey = cvwProblemsInActive.Item.key
   End Select
 End

Public Sub ProblemLists_Click()
   'The user has clicked on either the active or inactive lists
   'so display this problem in the editing area
     EditArea_Problem_Display
 End